- Hometown: Durham, NC
- Age: 42
- Occupation: Scientist
- When did you first start CrossFitting?: August 2014
- What is your favorite movement? Favorite workout?: Deadlifts, Squats, Pull-ups. I enjoy Murph every year.
- What is your least favorite movement/workout?: Burpees. I really hate any descending ladder workout.
- Tell us about your sports & fitness background.: I enjoyed sports growing up, but never played many competitively. In college I row
ed a bi
t and played intramural. After college I stopped exercising consistently, but in my mid thirties I started running and swimming to get back in shape.
- How did you first get exposed to CrossFit?: My friend introduced me to Bull City. I was hooked after the first workout!
- What sort of changes have you seen in your body?: My strength and overall physical capacity have increased tremendously. My clothes also fit better!
- What impact has CrossFit had on your life?: Fitness and wellness have become a part of my life. I’ve met so many great people at BCCF who are an inspiration to me every day!
- What is your favorite Bull City CrossFit moment?: Getting my first muscle-ups in my 40s! Old man strength!
- What is your advice for people getting started?: Check your ego at the door and keep at it. It’s worth it!
- What are your interests outside of CrossFit?: Hanging out with family and friends, golf, travel, reading