- Hometown: Durham
- Age: 27
- Occupation: Teacher
- When did you first start CrossFitting?: December 27, 2016
- What is your favorite movement? Favorite workout?: Snatch
- What is your least favorite movement/workout?: Burpee/anything that requires running
- Tell us about your sports & fitness background.: Growing up I did ballet and then switched to sports in 7th grade and continued participating in athletics through high school. My fitness took a serious decline during college and graduate school.
- How did you first get exposed to CrossFit?: My co-worker Ashley as well as several other friends post a lot about CrossFit on social media and the changes I saw in them made me want to do some more research and consider trying out a CrossFit gym.
- What sort of changes have you seen in your body?: So far I just feel stronger which is an amazing thing. Things like walking up stairs don’t leave me completely winded anymore.
- What impact has CrossFit had on your life?: This is the first time I have ever approached fitness from a lens of being stronger and healthier, not just pure weight-loss. CrossFit has really helped me set my own personal goals and cultivate more self-discipline to achieve them.
- What is your favorite Bull City CrossFit moment?: On my second CrossFit class Ever, Sarah Dunsmore taught me how to Snatch. She is a majestic human being!
- What is your advice for people getting started?: Keep going. It’s going to be really hard, it’s supposed to be hard, but it is so worth it. Do not try to overdo it at first or else you will burn out quickly! I also recommend keeping track of different moves and weights for skills so you can see how much you are growing!
- What are your interests outside of CrossFit?: I am very involved in Waypoint Church, volunteering with World Relief, reading, hanging out with my cat and generally procrastinating my adult responsibilities.